After a 4-3 victory over the Detroit Red Wings last night, the Chicago Blackhawks are in Pittsburgh tonight for another game. The Blackhawks will take on the Penguins for the second time this preseason, with the first resulting in a 4-3 shootout win for the Penguins. The Blackhawks currently sit 3-0-1 in the postseason and have two games left. With little time remaining, the team will look to finalize their roster, as well as carry momentum into the regular season.
Here are a few notes for tonight's game:
- The Blackhawks will be without Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa, Brandon Saad, Duncan Keith, and Brent Seabrook. The team will turn to their young guns tonight in hopes of finding the players to solidify their final roster.
- Forward Brandon Pirri will be back in the lineup tonight after battling an undisclosed injury. Pirri has little time to show what he can do, so tonight is a big statement game for him.
- Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Chris Kunitz, James Neal, Pascal Dupuis, and Kris Letang will all be in the lineup tonight for the Penguins.
- Nikolai Khabibulin will start in net for the Blackhawks tonight.
- The Blackhawks are 0-17 on the power play this preseason. Although most of the stars are out of the lineup, the team needs to start getting something going with the man advantage.
Tonight's game will kick off at 6 pm CT in Pittsburgh, but will not be televised.
In other news, the Blackhawks reduced their roster size this afternoon. The team announced that they have cut Mark McNeill, Garret Ross, Alex Broadhurst, Dylan Olsen, Klas Dahlbeck, Adam Clendening, Viktor Svedberg and Kent Simpson. All of them will play for the Blackhawks' AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs, this upcoming season.
The team also announced that standout forward Teuvo Teravainen has gone back to Finland and 2013 first round draft pick Ryan Hartman has been sent back to the OHL. Forward Kyle Beach has been placed on waivers. If he clears waivers, he is likely to go to Rockford for this upcoming season.
The Blackhawks are now sitting with 36 players on their roster, consisting of 23 forwards, 10 defensemen and three goalies. The team must get down to 23 before the start of the regular season.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks Get Ready to Take on Pittsburgh Penguins in Second Preseason Game
- Chicago Blackhawks Lose 4-3 as They Fall to the Pittsburgh Penguins in a Shootout
- Preseason Game Three: Chicago Blackhawks Vs. Washington Capitals
- Chicago Blackhawks Get Ready to Take on Boston Bruins in Pivotal Game 5
- Chicago Blackhawks Announce Training Camp Roster
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/119n