The two teams needed overtime and a shootout tonight as 60 minutes was not enough. The Chicago Blackhawks and the Pittsburgh Penguins battled back and forth but it was the Penguins who came out victorious, winning in a shootout. The teams headed to the shootout tied 3-3. The Penguins scored the only goal in the shootout, courtesy of a goal by Beau Bennett.
Here are some notes from the game:
- The Blackhawks continue to struggle on the power play as they went 0-6. They are now 0-12 on the power play throughout the preseason.
- Patrick Sharp and Ben Smith found the back of the net for the second game in a row. Brandon Bollig also scored for the Blackhawks to tie the game.
- Ben Smith also did a nice job on the penalty killing unit. His goal came shorthanded as he stole the puck from a Penguins defender and went in to beat vokoun. Smith is in the running for replacing the role Michael Frolik had last season.
- Nikolai Khabibulin had a solid outing, stopping 27 of 30 shots.
- Teuvo Teravainen had a few nice moves that drew a reaction from the fans in attendance.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks Get Ready to Take on Pittsburgh Penguins in Second Preseason Game
- Chicago Blackhawks Lose Backup Goaltender Ray Emery in Free Agency
- Chicago Blackhawks Defeat Detroit Red Wings 2-0 in First Preseason Game
- Chicago Blackhawks Resign Two, Lose Two During Free Agent Friday
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Day Two Recap, Jonathan Toews Misses Scrimmages
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/112j