The Chicago Blackhawks finished day three of their training camp yesterday as 5,000 fans filled seats at the Compton Family Ice Arena in Notre Dame. The fans were excited to see their team back on the ice. The day started off with General Manager Stan Bowman welcoming the fans and thanking his alma mater Notre Dame for everything. The team then conducted two scrimmages one after another. Both scrimmages were two periods long at 25 minutes per period. As we get closer to the start of the season, some things are becoming more clear, while others are still up for discussion.
Here are a few important notes from day three:
- Jonathan Toews sat out again as he is day-to-day with a lower body injury
- Brandon Saad was once again centering a line between Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp. Brandon Pirri assumed Toews`role on the top line next to Bryan Bickell and Patrick Kane.
- Forward Teuvo Teravainen really stood out. His combination of skill and speed made him one of the best players on the ice. Teravainen was drafted by the Blackhawks in the first round (18th overall) back in 2012.
- Nikolai Khabibulin looked pretty solid in net. The 40 year old goaltender will be Corey Crawford's backup for this upcoming season
- Defenseman Duncan Keith got into a fight with forward Ben Smith. The two exchanged punches, with Keith also letting the referee have it at one point. Luckily for the Blackhawks, neither player was injured
Sunday is the last day of training camp at Notre Dame. The Blackhawks training camp festival will take place tomorrow at the United Center in Chicago. Doors open at 5 pm and the scrimmages start at 7 pm. The first 10,000 fans in attendance will receive a free Jonathan Toews bobblehead.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Day Two Recap, Jonathan Toews Misses Scrimmages
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Officially Under Way
- Chicago Blackhawks Announce Training Camp Roster
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10sg