The Stanley Cup has made its way to Slovakia. Chicago Blackhawks forward Michal Handzus had his day with the Cup today and forward Marian Hossa will have it tomorrow. Both veteran forwards played a big role in the Blackhawks Stanley Cup victory this past season.
Being from Europe, players like Handzus, Hossa and Stalberg don't get the consistent visual support of North American players. They have to leave their homeland, friends and fans behind.
It's such an honor for any player to bring the Stanley Cup back home and for these European players, it gives them a chance to share a special moment with their family and friends who they have been away from.
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.
- What Would You Do on Your Day with the Stanley Cup?
- Chicago Blackhawks Treat Fans to Another Stanley Cup Parade and Rally
- Recap of Chicago Blackhawks Offseason Since Winning the Stanley Cup
- Daniel Carcillo to Bring the Stanley Cup to King City, Ontario on July 14
- Friday Faceoff: Which Stanley Cup Ending was Better?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ypk