Charles Tillman will not return for the Chicago Bears this season. The Pro Bowl cornerback was placed on injured reserve with the designation to return, but that won't happen this season as he continues to battle a triceps injury.
Head coach Marc Trestman made the announcement Monday. He told reporters Tillman has not been able to make enough progress to make the team comfortable putting him back on the field this year.
"It became apparent over time that he wouldn't be available," said Trestman.
- Chicago Bears Injury Updates: Good News for Charles Tillman, Stephen Paea
- Charles Tillman Still Banged up for Chicago Bears, Questionable for Sunday
- Chicago Bears Put Charles Tillman on IR; Cutler Week to Week
- Chicago Bears’ Charles Tillman Still Fighting Nagging Injuries
- Chicago Bears Injury Roundup: Expect Charles Tillman to Be Fine, More from Julius Peppers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15mo