Bennett was believed to be on the roster bubble after struggling to get healthy after a concussion earl in training camp. The restructured contract may have been what solidified his place on the team.
Bennett was reportedly due $2.25 million for the season, and now his base salary is $1.25 million. However, he reportedly can earn some of that money back with performance bonuses.
The Bears open the season Sunday, hosting the Cincinnati Bengals.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Report: Chicago Bears Would Consider Trading WR Earl Bennett
- Chicago Bears Henry Melton and Earl Bennett Nearing Returns from Concussions
- Reports: Former Chicago Bears Wide Receiver David Terrell Charged with Felony
- Chicago Bears Bring Dangerous ‘O’ According to Cincinnati Bengals Pro Bowler Geno Atkins
- Monday Roundup: Chicago Bears Make Cuts/ Injury Updates
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10b4