The tumultuous tenure of offensive lineman J'Marcus Webb is over in Chicago, as the Bears decided to part ways with him Friday morning.
Webb, as could be expected from the social media maven who coined "J'Webb Nation," broke the news himself on Twitter:
Good bye, Chicago! I gave you 3 years of me.— J'Marcus Webb (@jmarcuswebb) August 30, 2013
Webb entered camp having been moved from starting left to right tackle. But quickly that job was usurped by rookie Jordan Mills. Webb was demoted to 2nd team, and was handed a pay cut from $1.323 million to $630,000.
In the end, even that wasn't enough to justify a roster spot for the offensive lineman responsible for allowing 24 sacks in his two NFL seasons.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Report: Cut in Playing-Time Equals Cut in Pay for Chicago Bears’ J’Marcus Webb
- Time for Chicago Bears to Move on from J’Marcus Webb
- Chicago Bears Encouraged by Rookies on the Offensive Line
- What to Watch for in the Chicago Bears Preseason Finale
- Best/Worst Case for the Chicago Bears’ Offense at the Oakland Raiders
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zx5