Bears have had some discussions about trading WR Earl Bennett. Trades not easy to make this time of year, though.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 28, 2013
Bennett has been battling concussion symptoms since leaving a practice on August third. On Wednesday, head coach Marc Trestman said Bennett was making progress on the way to a return. Reporters spotted Bennett wearing a helmet on the practice field Wednesday as well, but has not been cleared for full contact.
This isn't the first time Bennett has dealt with a concussion. He left a game in December of last year after taking a blow to the head.
Bennett's salary is set to be $2.25 million this season, making finding a trade partner difficult for Chicago.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Bears Henry Melton and Earl Bennett Nearing Returns from Concussions
- Monday Roundup: Chicago Bears Make Cuts/ Injury Updates
- Report: Cut in Playing-Time Equals Cut in Pay for Chicago Bears’ J’Marcus Webb
- Report: $21K Fine for Chicago Bears’ Jon Bostic Against NFL Rules
- Report: Bears and QB Matt Blanchard Reach Injury Settlement
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zti