Blanchard broke his hand earlier in the preseason, and the timetable for his return is still unknown. After coming to this agreement, the earliest he could re-sign with the Bears would be after week 10.
Blanchard spent most of last season on the Bears' practice squad. He signed a two-year deal with the team in the offseason.
The Bears still have four quarterbacks on the roster. Starter Jay Cutler and backup Josh McCown are not expected to play in Thursday's preseason finale against the Cleveland Browns. Both Jordan Palmer and Trent Edwards will see extensive action, and could be battling to make the roster as the third QB.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- What to Watch for in the Chicago Bears Preseason Finale
- New Bears’ Quarterbacks Jordan Palmer and Trent Edwards to Make Preseason Debuts Friday
- Monday Roundup: Chicago Bears Make Cuts/ Injury Updates
- Report: Chicago Bears Cut Safety Tom Zbikowski
- Report: Cut in Playing-Time Equals Cut in Pay for Chicago Bears’ J’Marcus Webb
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zr1