Buffalo's logo came in at No. 5 on the list. The Sabres were lauded for burying the Buffaslug and returning to a logo that resembles their original logo, which the publication called a home run.
"We despise when a team needs to spell out its entire name in the logo, but the Sabres get around this," the publication said. "Their full team name appears in the logo, but it's represented by images instead of text. It's as if this logo came as a result of a game of Pictionary."
In announcing a return to the original logo three years ago, Sabres President Ted Black apologized for the Buffaslug. it was so despised even by management that, upon the switch, anyone could take Buffaslug items to the Sabres store for a discount on new merchandise so that items bearing the old logo could be destroyed.
Anyone who thinks they can design a better logo is invited to send their design to [email protected] for consideration to be published.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Buffalo Sabres Third in NHL Fan Misery Rankings
- Buffalo Sabres Project Poorly in 2014-15 Fantasy NHL Rankings
- Patrick Kane Re-Signs with Chicago Blackhawks, Ending Speculation of Homecoming with Buffalo Sabres
- Buffalo Sabres Return Home to Host Chicago Blackhawks
- The Aftermath of the Buffalo Sabres’ Weekend Provides Few Answers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1eux