Projections from NHL.com have only a handful of Sabres in the top 200. None are in the top half of the rankings:
- Matt Moulson, No. 136; 23 goals and 28 assists in 75 games last season for the Sabres, New York Islanders and Minnesota Wild.
- Cody Hodgson, No. 153; 20 goals and 24 assists in 72 games last season.
- Chris Stewart, No. 194; 15 goals and 11 assists in 63 games for the Sabres and St. Louis Blues last season.
- Jhonas Enroth, No. 199; 4-17-5 record with a 2.82 GAA and .911 save percentage last season.
One glaring omission would seem to be Tyler Ennis, who led Buffalo with 21 goals last season. And Enroth still could lose the starting job in training camp to Michal Neuvirth, who posted a stellar .949 save percentage in an admittedly small sample size of two games (both losses) for the Sabres after being acquired from the Washington Capitals.
Topping the rankings were Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos and Corey Perry.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Trade Rumors Abound for Buffalo Sabres as 2014 NHL Draft Nears
- Buffalo Sabres Third in NHL Fan Misery Rankings
- A Closer Look at the Buffalo Sabres’ 2014 NHL Draft Picks
- Buffalo Sabres to Retire Former Goaltender Dominik Hasek’s Number in 2014-15
- Buffalo Sabres Might not Face Much of a Drop-off in Drafting Second in 2014
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1du3