The Buffalo Sabres will have two more of their prospects taking part in this week's development camp under contract.
The team announced Saturday that it's signed 2014 first-round pick Sam Reinhart and recent acquisition Jordan Samuels-Thomas to entry-level deals.
Reinhart's deal is a three-year contract, the terms of which weren't disclosed. The second overall pick in the most recent draft is expected to compete for a top-six forward slot in 2014-15. The 18-year-old leaves the WHL as the league's reigning player of the year, having scored 36 goals and 69 assists in 60 games last season.
"We are very excited to have Sam under contract," Sabres General Manager Tim Murray said. "We look forward to watching him develop and become an important part of our organization in the future."
Samuels-Thomas is expected to provide depth for the Rochester Americans. He was acquired from the Winnipeg Jets last week for a conditional seventh-round pick in 2015. The 24-year-old just wrapped up his collegiate career at Quinipiac University, where he has 13 goals and 16 assists in 34 games this past season.
"Excited to be signed on with the Buffalo Sabres next season," he said on Twitter. "Prayers have been answered. I look forward to being a part of this new culture. I will give everything I have to this organization that has blessed me with this great opportunity. Thanks to all who have reached out. Thanks to all the coaches, players, family and friends who have helped me along the way."
He was first drafted by the Jets/Atlanta Thrashers organization in 2009. His deal is a one-year contract, the terms of which also weren't disclosed.
- Buffalo Sabres Acquire Samuels-Thomas from Winnipeg Jets
- Buffalo Sabres Sign Linus Ullmark to Entry-Level Contract
- Buffalo Sabres First-Round Selection Sam Reinhart Excited to Join Organization
- St. Louis Blues Re-sign Brian Elliott, Ryan Miller’s Future in Doubt
- Buffalo Sabres to Host NHL Entry Draft Party
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dbb