Four members of the Buffalo Sabres took part in the Winter Olympics in Sochi. Here is how they did.
- RYAN MILLER: Started one game in goal for Team USA. He made 17 saves in a 5-1 win over Slovenia. He was a backup for the other five games. The U.S. team finished fourth, losing the bronze medal game 5-0 to Finland.
- HENRIK TALLINDER: Played two games for Sweden, recording no points on one shot and 10:15 of ice time. Sweden won the silver medal, losing the gold medal game 3-0 to Canada.
- JHONAS ENROTH: Backed up Henrik Lundqvist for five games for Sweden; did not play.
- ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS: Had one goal and one assist in five games. Took two shots and was a -2 in 91:01 of ice time.
- TED NOLAN: He coached Latvia to a 1-4 record. Latvia went winless in the preliminary round but upset Switzerland in the medal round. Latvia lost to Canada 2-1 in the quarterfinals.