Numbers from NBC Sports show the Buffalo market posted a 12.1 rating for the game, which was shown on NBC Sports and CBC in the Buffalo market. That easily bested the No. 2 market in Minneapolis, which posted an 8.5 rating.
NBC posted a 9.4 rating (16 share) for its prime time coverage of the Winter Olympics Friday night. Buffalo has generally finished in the top 10 in market ratings nationally for most Olympics broadcasts.
- Buffalo Sabres Fans Continue to Tune into Winter Olympics
- Buffalo Sabres Fans Help Propel Olympic Opening Ceremony Ratings
- U.S. Hockey Team Primed for Semifinal Vs. Canada in 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
- Team USA Vs Team Canada in the Semi-finals of the 2014 Winter Olympics
- 2014 Sochi Olympics Men’s Hockey Preview, Part 2: Canada, Sweden Among the Front-runners
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18iw