NBC's ratings for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics show Buffalo Sabres fans continue to tune in to the action.
Saturday's shootout win over Russia for Team USA in men's hockey action was the most-watched hockey game ever on the NBC Sports Network. The 7:30 a.m. faceoff drew 4.1 viewers nationally and 6.4 million viewers during the shootout. Buffalo was the third-highest market in terms of viewership, drawing an 8.5 rating for the game. Pittsburgh and Boston were higher.
The Buffalo market was No. 8 for NBC's prime time coverage, drawing a 12.9 rating. Minneapolis was No. 1 that night. Then Sunday night, Buffalo was third with a 19.1 rating, trailing Kansas City and Milwaukee. NBC is averaging 23.5 million viewers per night (a 13.2 rating) for its prime time Olympics coverage.
Buffalo is traditionally one of the top markets for every NBC hockey broadcast. It usually finished third behind the two participating teams in ratings during the Stanley Cup playoffs. The numbers are also skewed because some Buffalo viewers opt instead to watch Canadian broadcasts.
- Buffalo Sabres Fans Tune in to NHL Winter Classic
- Future of NHL in Winter Olympics Remain in Doubt After 2014 Sochi Games
- U.S. Hockey Team Primed for Semifinal Vs. Canada in 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
- Winter Olympics Hockey Schedule Has Been Released
- Buffalo Sabres to Continue Winter Clothing Drive
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18cm