The Sabres waived him for the purpose of having played in the AHL. He was acquired in December from the Edmonton Oilers and has two assists in 13 games for the Sabres. He's spent time on the top line but has also been a healthy scratch numerous times.
The 27-year-old got in a spat with the Oilers because of a lack of NHL playing time. He threatened to leave and play in his native Sweden rather than remain in the minor leagues. With his NHL status unknown – whether the Sabres demoted him solely to get playing time during the Olympic break or for good is not known – he appears to have made his stand regarding a return to the minors.
He can't play for any Eurpoean team without the Sabres' consent due to transfer agreements.
The Amerks beat the Utica Comets 7-3 on Friday in their first game back from the AHL All-Star Break. They complete a home-and-home series with the Comets in Utica Saturday night.
- Buffalo Sabres Acquire Linus Omark from Edmonton Oilers
- Buffalo Sabres Place Forward Linus Omark on Waivers
- Buffalo Sabres Look to Sweep Boston Bruins as Linus Omark Enters Lineup
- Buffalo Sabres Farm Report: Rochester Americans Off to Decent Start This Season
- Rochester Americans Enter Game at First Niagara Center on Hot Streak
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18au