Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers was suspended three games for an illegal hit to the head.
The NHL passed down the ruling Monday. Myers' hit came during Saturday's win over the New Jersey Devils when he hit Dainius Zubrus.
This is the second time he's been suspended. He was suspended in 2012 for boarding. He said this second suspension won't deter his game much:
"I don't think I want to adjust at all, really. That's just one of maybe the disadvantages of being as tall as I am. It just comes with the territory. I don't want to change anything just because of that."
He will be eligible to return Jan. 14 against Philadelphia.
- Tyler Myers Resurging for Buffalo Sabres Following Coaching Change
- Tyler Myers Vows to Be Better for Buffalo Sabres This Season
- Tyler Myers: Buffalo Sabres Understand Fan Frustration
- Phil Kessel Suspended Three Preseason Games for Role in Buffalo Sabres Brawl; Ron Rolston Fined
- Buffalo Sabres’ Tyler Ennis Has a Mid-season Turnaround
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16f2