Detroit scored the first two goals in the tournament championship en route to a 4-2 win in Traverse City, Mich. The loss was Buffalo’s first over the last two times the tournament was played.
Anthony Mantha, Detroit’s first-round draft pick in the most recent NHL draft, scored the first two goals of the game. The Wings outshot Buffalo 28-18 over the first two periods and then held the Sabres to seven third-period shots. Even so, Buffalo was able to make the game a 3-2 game on goals by Fredrick Roy and Peter Trainor. Tomas Jurco added an empty-net goal for the Wings to seal it.
Nathan Lieuwen saved 36 of 39 shots in the loss. He and many of the other players who took part in this tournament will be in Buffalo on Wednesday when training camp opens.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Buffalo Sabres Prospects to Play in Detroit Red Wings’ Tournament
- Buffalo Sabres Headed Back to Prospects Tournament in September
- Buffalo Sabres Prospects Tournament Schedule Released
- Buffalo Sabres Prospects are 2-0 Entering Tournament Round Robin Finale
- Buffalo Sabres Announce Roster for NHL Prospects Tournament
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10hl