Late period goals have bitten the Buffalo Sabres again, as they gave up two goals in the final three minutes of the period and trail the New York Islanders 2-0.
Mark Streit buried a perfect pass from Matt Moulson late in the second period and Michael Grabner scored on a breakaway setup by a bad giveaway by Christian Ehrhoff. To make matters worse, Thomas Vanek will finish serving his interference penalty when play resumes in the third period. The second period ended as most have this season, with the Sabres being booed off of their home ice.
Alexander Sulzer will not return to the game with a lower body injury, while Patrick Kaleta did return after his apparent upper body injury in the period.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Buffalo Sabres Trail Toronto Maple Leafs 3-2 After Two Periods
- Buffalo Sabres Trail Montreal Canadiens 3-2 After Two Periods
- Buffalo Sabres Lucky to Leave with 3-2 Win Over New York Islanders
- Buffalo Sabres, New York Islanders Scoreless After 1st Period
- Buffalo Sabres Look to Start Rare Winning Streak Against New York Islanders
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qex