Thomas Vanek's torrid start to this season has earned the Buffalo Sabres forward another league-wide honor.
Monday, he was named the NHL's First Star o the Week for the week ending Feb. 3. Vanek scored five goals and five assists in four games last week, including a hat trick in Buffalo's 7-4 win at Boston. He recorded points on 71 percent of Buffalo's goals in the week, including scoring the only goal in Saturday's 6-1 loss at Montreal and recording three points in Sunday's 4-3 loss against Florida. His 19 points this season lead the NHL.
The second star was Pittsburgh forward Chris Kunitz, who had five goals and three assists in four games. Third star was Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo, who may have played his way back into the No. 1 spot there with a 2-0-1 record and 0.95 GAA in three starts last week.
Last week, Vanek was named the NHL's Third Star of the Month for January.
Tags: Buffalo, Buffalo Sabres, Hockey, NHL
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Buffalo Sabres Forward Thomas Vanek Wins NHL Third Star of Month for January
- Buffao Sabres Forward Thomas Vanek Back in Buffalo After Stint in Austria
- CBA Talks Resume Wednesday; Vanek Returns to Buffalo
- NHL, NHLPA May Take Two-Week Break from Negotiations
- NHL Cancels Games Through Dec. 14, All-Star Weekend Amid Lockout
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pmh