News Archives

NHL, Players to Continue Back-and-Forth CBA Talks Wednesday

January 2nd, 2013 at 12:32 AM
By Paul Lane Sabres 101

A third offer has been made in the NHL's CBA talks with its players union, with the two sides agreeing to meet again Wednesday to continue talks.

The NHLPA received an offer late Tuesday from the league. The league first made an offer last week, and the NHLPA countered that offer Monday, so this new offer is in response to that.

''The Weasel'' photo (c) 2011, Matthew Grapengieser - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

The two sides met for less than hour Tuesday night in Manhattan. Union officials say they need time to discuss the new proposal internally.

"They did make a comprehensive response to what we gave them yesterday," union head Donald Fehr said.

No time has yet been set for Wednesday's talks. Commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed this week the season has to start by Jan. 19 or else it will be canceled. All games through Jan. 14 have already been canceled.

"We've made more movement in tonight's counterproposal," he said in reference to concessions the league made to the union. "We're clearly not done .. it's a process that's ongoing, and I'm thankful for that."

Tags: Buffalo, Buffalo Sabres, Hockey, NHL

No related posts.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Login with: