Three of their six day two picks top 200 pounds, and all of them stand at least 6 feet tall. The took two centers, a forward, a defenseman and a goalie with their six picks.
- Round two: D Jake McCabe, a 6-foot-1, 200-pound American who is entering his sophomore season at the University of Wisconsin. He had three goals and nine assists in 26 games in 2011-12, good for the second-highest point total among NCAA freshmen. He is returning to the Badgers in 2012-13 and describes his play as steady:
"I’m a two-way defenseman. I’m used in all situations. I’m comfortable in all situations. I think I’m a leader, out there blocking shots for my teammates. I’m a competitor, at my best when I’m making a good first hit. I just want to be reliable in all situations, penalty kill, power play. Eventually, I want to be comfortable taking on a team’s top line."
- Round three: C Justin Kea, a 6-foot-4, 211-point Canadian who spent the last two seasons in the OHL. He had three goals and 11 assists in 65 games in 2011-12 for the Saginaw Spirit. He added five points in 12 playoff games while mainly playing on the Spirit's checking line.
- Round five: C Logan Nelson, a 6-foot-1, 178-pound American who played in the WHL last season. he had 23 goals and 39 assists in 71 games for the Victoria Royals in 2011-12. He spent the previous season in the USHL.
- Round six: G Linus Ullmark, a 6-foot-3, 198-pound Swede who's played his entire career in Europe. He spent last season with Modo's junior team, posting a 2.76 GAA and .918 save percentage in 25 games. He'll likely get in some time with Modo's senior squad before crossing the pond.
- Round seven: D Brady Austin, a 6-foot-4, 234-pound Canadian who's spent three years in the OHL; and F Judd Peterson, a 6-foot, 190-pound high schooler from Minnesota. Austin posted six goals and 20 assists in 26 games for the Belleville Bulls last season. Peterson had 47 goals and 36 assists in 30 games in 2011-12 and has committed to play collegiately at Minnesota-Duluth.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.