After suffering a torn ACL back on July 1, Buffalo Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso was feeling down.
"It's definitely a huge disappointment," said Alonso. "Obviously I want to be with the guys, but that's how football is. You've got to deal with it and come back stronger."
Alonso, who spoke with BuffaloBills.com, was training earlier in the offseason at the University of Oregon. While performing a change of direction drill at his alma mater, Alonso suffered the devastating knee injury. Alonso suffered the same injury in his right knee back in 2010 while playing at the University of Oregon.
"I feel good, it's coming along," Alonso said. "Obviously its going to take time, but for now it feels really good."
During his rookie season of 2013, Alonso led the Bills with 159 total tackles, good for third overall in the National Football League.
Despite sustaining the knee injury in July, Alonso isn't ruling out returjing to the field for the 2014 season. When asked about why he came back to Buffalo to continue his rehab, Alonso was quick to note the defensive camaraderie.
"I want to be around the team," Alonso said. "It wouldn't fell right not to be here."
Alonso is currently on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List. It leaves open the remote possibility of returning to the practice field, for a three-week stint to determine if he's fit to return to the roster, or be put on injured reserve, ending his 2014 season. The window opens at the conclusion of Week 6 of the NFL season.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Buffalo Bills Look to Fill Huge Hole at Linebacker in Wake of Kiko Alonso Injury
- Buffalo Bills Linebacker Kiko Alonso Suffers Knee Injury, Could Miss 2014 Season
- Buffalo Bills Expect Nigel Bradham to Excel This Season After Losing Kiko Alonso
- Buffalo Bills Mario Williams, Kiko Alonso Return to Practice at OTAs; Sammy Watkins Excused for Remainder of Week
- Buffalo Bills May Have Already Drafted Kiko Alonso’s Replacement for 2014
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f7z