Sammy Watkins has had a tough preseason, suffering two rib injuries and missing one full game.
Still, the rookie wide receiver should be good to go for the Buffalo Bills when week one rolls around.
NFL.com reported that the team confirmed Watkins' injury in the preseason finale against the Detroit Lions wasn't serious. This comes with a huge sigh of relief as Watkins figures to be a key weapon in Buffalo's offense, whether it will be EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton under center. Head coach Doug Marrone took plenty of heat for even playing Watkins in the meaningless game where he suffered his second injury.
Watkins has yet to develop chemistry with Manuel this preseason, and his injuries are the main reason why. Marrone figured he would try to get Watkins additional reps in the finale, and dodged a lethal bullet with the news that he wasn't seriously injured in the game.
For Watkins, the rib injury will likely linger for the rest of the season, and his toughness will determine how much he plays, provided the doctors clear him to play.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Buffalo, Buffalo Bills, Football, NFL
- Sammy Watkins’ Injury is Doug Marrone’s Biggest Mistake for Buffalo Bills
- Buffalo Bills Mario Williams, Kiko Alonso Return to Practice at OTAs; Sammy Watkins Excused for Remainder of Week
- Buffalo Bills Wide Receiver Sammy Watkins Leaves Bills, Lions Preseason Game with Injury
- Buffalo Bills’ Sammy Watkins Suffers Apparent Rib Injury, Exits Game Against Pittsburgh Steelers
- Buffalo Bills Look to EJ Manuel-Sammy Watkins Connection for Big Plays
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f2x