Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins left the Bills-Lions game early Thursday night after taking a hard hit from a Lions linebacker during a quick slant.
The Buffalo Bills decided to give their starters on offense a couple extra reps during their preseason finale against the Detroit Lions Thursday.
Watkins, who had already missed two games this preseason due to a rib injury, had taken the field in hopes of getting more reps with starting quarterback EJ Manuel.
Detroit Lions linebacker Ashlee Palmer hit Watkins when he was targeted on a slant by Manuel on the team's second possession of the night.
Watkins was injured on a similar play in Pittsburgh two weeks ago and was wearing a flak jacket to prevent further injury Thursday.
After being examined in the locker room, Watkins was declared out for the remainder of the game.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Buffalo Bills’ Sammy Watkins Suffers Apparent Rib Injury, Exits Game Against Pittsburgh Steelers
- Buffalo Bills Wide Receiver Sammy Watkins Ranked Fifth Among Rookies in Madden 15
- Buffalo Bills’ C.J. Spiller Excited About Playing with Sammy Watkins
- Sammy Watkins Improving Route Running During OTAs
- Sammy Watkins Fitting in with Buffalo Bills, Expects Team to Be on the Rise
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f0x