New York State Police say the charged Branch with DWI about 2 a.m. Saturday after he was seen vomiting out of the driver's side doot of a car in Cheektowaga. He then blew a 0.14 percent blood-alcohol content, nearly double the legal limit of 0.08 percent in New York.
The team then issued a one-sentence release Sunday afternoon stating Branch was released.
Branch had already been on the fence this preseason. He played with third-teamers when he saw action this summer. He also failed his physical entering training camp and missed some time getting back into shape. He also skipped voluntary offseason workouts.
This arrest continues Branch's downfall spiral after a promising start in Buffalo. He signed with the Bills last offseason last offseason and started 13 games last season, recording 39 tackles and a pass deflection. The Bills thought enough of the 29-year-old to sign him to a three-year, $9.3 million extension after the 2013 season.
Branch is due to appear in Cheektowaga Town Court on Aug. 29.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Buffalo Bills 2014 Schedule Released: No Monday Night Football or Thanksgiving Day Game
- Buffalo Bills Schedule Should Be Released Tuesday
- Buffalo Bills Team Ratings Released in EA Sports Madden 15
- Former Buffalo Bills Quarterback Kevin Kolb Charged with Boating While Intoxicated
- Buffalo Bills Hall of Famer Doing Local Autograph Signings
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ew8