When the initial bids were submitted for the Buffalo Bills, it was initially reported that three bids were placed.
- Donald Trump: $1 billion
- Bon Jovi's Group: ~$800 million
- Terry Pegula: $1.3 billion
Given that those were the only bids, the trust has allowed for more time to pass before the initial bid process ends. In addition to the time extension, the trust has also rejected the initial bid from the Bon Jovi group and has asked them to raise their bid to move on.
It has also been reported that the group has been asked to provide more proof that the group is committed to Buffalo and will not move the team to Toronto. This piece of news may provide the real reason for Bon Jovi's letter to the fans of Buffalo, assuring the fans that they will do everything in their power to keep the team in Buffalo.
Most analysts think that Bon Jovi's group has intentions to move the team regardless of the note. It will be interesting to see if the group places a bid with any binding agreements that would ensure the team's future in Buffalo.
There is no timetable on when the new bid will be placed, or what the amount will be.
Both Pegula and Trump have advanced to the next step of the bidding process.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Buffalo Bills Bid Officially Started by Jon Bon Jovi-Led Toronto Group
- Jon Bon Jovi Writes Letter to Buffalo Bills Fans, Still Doesn’t Guarantee Team Stays Put
- Buffalo Bills Bid by Toronto Group not Sitting Well Amid Stadium Study News
- Jon Bon Jovi Linked to Purchasing Buffalo Bills, Again
- Statement on Buffalo Bills’ Bid by Jon Bon Jovi Met with Skepticism
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1e7v