Watkins was the fourth pick overall and is one of four top-five picks that hasn't yet signed. While the team is working on a contract with Watkins, the terms have yet to be worked out.
The only top-five pick to have signed with their club is the Oakland Raiders' Khalil Mack. Mack is the highest pick to sign his contract as the fifth pick overall. Mack's contract is for four years and $18.6 million.
Sixth overall pick Jake Matthews has also signed his rookie contract with the Atlanta Falcons. Matthews is signed for four years at $16.4 million.
While Watkins is likely due more than $19 million over the duration of his contract, the rookie wage scale will keep him from having the pay day that top five picks were used to.
The Bills will begin their OTAs on Wednesday and it is expected that Watkins will join the Bills on the field as they prepare for the upcoming season.
- Buffalo Bills Make Splash with Trade That Lands Sammy Watkins with No. 4 Pick, Stevie Johnson’s Future May Be in Jeopardy
- Sammy Watkins Ready to Catch Everything for the Buffalo Bills
- Buffalo Bills’ C.J. Spiller Excited About Playing with Sammy Watkins
- A Review of Buffalo Bills First Round Picks According to Expert Mock Drafts
- Sammy Watkins Will Look to Make Better First Impression on Buffalo Bills than Stevie Johnson
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bel