The Buffalo Bills' 2014 draft did nothing to persuade or dissuade Las Vegas oddsmakers.
The Bills were listed this week as 75-to-1 shots to win the Super Bowl next season – the exact same odds they had prior to the draft. Those odds are second-worst in the NFL. The Oakland Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars each have 100-to-1 odds.
Also making a huge jump were the Minnesota Vikings, who got a possible franchise quarterback of their own in Teddy Bridgewater. They went from 66-to-1 odds to 50-to-1 odds.
The New England Patriots, despite already posting 9-to-1 odds entering the draft, moved up to 15-to-2. Their most notable addition was actually a backup quarterback, Jimmy Garropolo, who may some day succeed Tom Brady.
Retaining the top odds are the Seattle Seahawks at 6-to-1 and the Denver Broncos at 7-to-1.
Here is a full list of the Bills' 2014 draft picks:
- Round 1, pick 4: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
- Round 2, pick 44: Cyrus Kouandjio, T, Alabama
- Round 3, pick 73: Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
- Round 4, pick 109: Ross Cockrell, CB, Duke
- Round 5, pick 153: Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor
- Round 7, pick 221: Randell Johnson, LB, Florida Atlantic
- Round 7, pick 237: Seantrel Henderson, T, Miami
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b09