- WHAT: NFL Draft
- WHEN: Day one starts at 8 p.m. Thursday. Day two starts at 6:30 p.m. Friday. Day three starts at noon Saturday.
- ON TV: The NFL Network and ESPN will both cover the draft.
- DRAFT ORDER: The Houston Texans hold the top pick. They're widely expected to take South Carolina defensive end with the top pick. Rounding out the top five are the St. Louis Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns and Oakland Raiders.
- THE BILLS' DRAFT: The Bills hold pick No. 9 overall. Their full cache of picks is as follows, in numeric order with the round first:
- Pick 9 overall
- Pick 41 overall
- Pick 73 overall
- Pick 109 overall
- Pick 149 overall
- Pick 185 overall
- Pick 224 overall
- WHO THE BILLS WILL PICK: As is the case every year, rumors of all sorts have swirled around the Bills' first-round pick. Some say they're sure to take tall wide receiver Mike Evans. Others are convinced they're taking lanky tight end Eric Ebron. Still others say they'll trade down. This is a partial list of pre-draft visitors they've had: Zack Martin, Bradley Roby, Kyle Fuller, C.J. Mosley, Jake Matthews, Odell Beckham Jr., Ryan Shazier, Sammy Watkins, Ebron, Evans. The Bills were coy in showing their hand at their pre-draft luncheon.
"I would say we're in the 'five to six' range of guys that we would consider elite," said Jim Monos, the team's director of player personnel.
- RECENT HISTORY: Last year, the Bills took quarterback EJ Manuel in the first round. He was preceded as a first-round Bills pick by cornerback Stephon Gilmore in 2012, defensive tackle Marcell Dareus in 2011, running back C.J. Spiller in 2010 and center Eric Wood in 2009. Last year also saw them take receiver Robert Woods and linebacker Kiko Alonso in the second round.
Tags: Buffalo, Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Football, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, NFL, NFL Draft, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams
- Buffalo Bills to Carry Over Nearly $18 Million to 2014 Salary Cap
- Buffalo Bills Fans Represent Club Well at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Early Mock Drafts Say Buffalo Bills Could Draft Tight End in First Round of NFL Draft
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1as9