The Wall Street Journal did a jersey count prior to the game. Leading the way were four obvious teams – the winning Seattle Seahawks, losing Denver Broncos, and home teams New York Giants and New York Jets. But just behind those four were the Buffalo Bills, whose jersey was worn by 10 fans by the newspaper's count.
Every team was represented but the Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars. The game was played in East Rutherford, N.J., roughly a six-hour drive from Buffalo.
- Buffalo Bills Among Longest Shots to Win Super Bowl XLIX
- Former Buffalo Bills Fred Smerlas, Doug Flutie Part of Super Bowl ‘What If’ Series
- Former Buffalo Bills Safety Steve Freeman to Officiate at Super Bowl
- Buffalo Bills’ Fred Jackson Joins Thurman Thomas in Exclusive Bills Club
- Buffalo Bills Fan Group Starts Initiative to Have Fans Help Fund Franchise
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17ss