Buffalo Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso is among the rookies being talked about as defensive rookie of the year this season.
While most of his success came in the earlier stages of the season, Alonso tied the team high of four interceptions and led the team in tackles with 159.
Alonso's stats haven't gone unnoticed in the media as ESPN's own Dan Graziano put Alonso as his Defensive Rookie of the Year.
"Sure, September was his best month," Graziano wrote. "But just because the interceptions dried up doesn’t mean Alonso wasn’t a high-impact, fly-around-and-make-plays type of linebacker. A critical element to a better-than-you-think-it-was Bills defense, Alonso is a tackling monster in the Kuechly mold, and his athleticism should help him get better as he goes along."
- Buffalo Bills’ Mario Williams, Kiko Alonso Among NFL Pro Bowl Vote Leaders
- Buffalo Bills’ Kiko Alonso May Miss Sunday’s Game Against Jacksonville Jaguars
- Buffalo Bills Linebacker Nigel Bradham Reportedly Charged in Pot Bust
- FightClub.com, Now the Official Fantasy Football Game of Sports Media 101; Sign-Up Free, Win Big
- Buffalo Bills Announce Their 2013 Training Camp Awards
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16b5