The Buffalo Bills finished their season yesterday on a familiar note; losing to the New England Patriots.
It was a result many expected, but the Bills had plenty of opportunities to beat the Patriots, and just couldn't take advantage of them. A list of things that went wrong for Buffalo include:
- Four fumbles by the Patriots, and the Bills didn't recover a single one. Instead of stopping drives, and in some cases, putting themselves in position to score, Buffalo allowed New England to keep the ball and score.
- Marcell Dareus jumped offsides on a field goal attempt to give New England a first down, in which they scored on the very next play. Dareus was benched for the entire first half for breaking a team rule, and continued to hurt his team by committing this bonehead penalty.
- TJ Graham dropped a pass that would have converted a fourth-and-short at mid-field in the fourth quarter. If Graham would have caught the pass, Buffalo would have extended the drive and might not have needed the onside kick, which they failed to execute.
On top of all their missed opportunities, the Bills also had a problem tackling LaGarrette Blount. Blount, who was most recognized for punching a player in college, was once again a bully. But this time, in a positive way. He bulled his way through Buffalo's defense for 189 rushing yards, two touchdowns and had more than 300 all-purpose yards.
The Bills finish 6-10 on the season, and 3-3 within the division. A win against the Patriots would have given Buffalo plenty to build on. However, there have been a ton of things that could have went Buffalo's way this season, that didn't.
- Buffalo Bills Week Seven Reaction: Defense Does the Job
- Buffalo Bills Week 11 Reaction: Redemption
- Buffalo Bills Week 10 Reaction: EJ Manuel is Still a Rookie
- Buffalo Bills Week 12 Reaction: Season Ends on Neutral Field
- Buffalo Bills Week Five Reaction: Painful Primetime Performance
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1623