The Buffalo Bills are set to pick ninth in April's draft.
The Bills' 6-10 finish left them all alone in ninth in the NFL's draft order, behind the Minnesota Vikings (5-10-1) and ahead of the Detroit Lions (7-9).
Early draft projections give the Bills some enticing options at No. 9. Among them are Khalil Mack, the local product out of the University at Buffalo was was named the best linebacker in the nation his senior season. Another strong candidate is Eric Ebron, the tight end out of North Carolina who racked up nearly 1,000 for a bad Tar Heels team in 2013.
Here is the order for the first 10 picks. The Rams will also pick 13th; they finished 7-9 but got Washington's pick in the Robert Griffin III trade.
- First: Houston Texans
- Second: St. Louis Rams (via Washington)
- Third: Jacksonville Jaguars
- Fourth: Cleveland Browns
- Fifth: Oakland Raiders
- Sixth: Atlanta Falcons
- Seventh: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Eighth: Minnesota Vikings
- Ninth: Buffalo Bills
- 10th: Detroit Lions
Here is the Bills' first-round draft history during every year of their 14-year playoff drought.
- 2014: Ninth
- 2013: 16th (EJ Manuel)
- 2012: 10th (Stephon Gilmore)
- 2010: Ninth (C.J. Spiller)
- 2009: 11th (Aaron Maybin) and 28th (Eric Wood)
- 2008: 11th (Leodis McKelvin)
- 2007: 12th (Marshawn Lynch)
- 2006: Eighth (Donte Whitner)
- 2005: None
- 2004: 13th (Lee Evans) and 22nd (J.P. Losman)
- 2003: 23rd (Willis McGahee)
- 2002: Fourth (Mile Williams)
- 2001: 21st (Nate Clements)
- Buffalo Bills’ 2014 Opponents are Set
- Odds Already Beginning to Filter in for 2013/2014 NFL Playoff Teams
- Buffalo Bills Officially in Draft Mode After Drubbing by Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/162h