The rumors just keep on rolling in…
What it would take: Danny Ainge and Celtics would probably want unprotected first-round draft picks or a rising star on a cheap contract in exchange for Rondo. They'd also probably want to dump one of their long-term deals (Gerald Wallace? Brandon Bass?) in Rondo deal.
Stein adds that there are not many attractive pieces for the Boston Celtics to receive for Rondo from the Knicks. They are hamstrung with regards to draft picks, they cannot offer a pick until 2018. They also don't have many attractive young stars that could potentially make the leap.
In other rumors, Gordon Hayward, the former Butler Bulldog who played for Brad Stevens, is coveted by the Celtics. A. Sherrod Blakely is reporting that the Jazz are not terribly excited with the possible returns they would get for Hayward.
Despite Utah's desperate need for a point guard, there's little interest in Rajon Rondo primarily because they don't anticipate he'll re-sign with the club beyond his current contract which is up in the summer of 2015.
Rondo's comments about his interest in free agency might come back to haunt him and Danny Ainge. It will no doubt drive down his price because teams are nervous about losing him after one season.
Jeff Green is another potential trade chip for Utah according to Blakely, but the Jazz do not seem terribly interested. It will most likely take a draft pick to get the Jazz to agree to a deal.
- Kris Humphries Playing Himself into Boston Celtics Rotation, and Possibily Some Trade Rumors
- Report: Boston Celtics Would Be Willing to Go Over Luxury Tax If They are Offered a Trade They Like
- A Jeff Green Trade Could Be Reminiscent of the Al Jefferson Trade in 2007
- Catching up with Some Boston Celtics Trade Thoughts.
- Boston Celtics Have Their Eye on Summer of 2015 as Trade Deadline Looms
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18ed