This is pretty big news right now considering the Celtics seemed like they were hamstrung by the salary cap.
So does this mean that the Celtics have received calls about trades that they liked but didn't work due to salary structures? Is a blockbuster a possibility?
Are Ainge and the Boston brass positioning themselves in the media to create more interest?
Is Rajon Rondo's small salary more attractive to teams if they are willing to take back more salary?
Is Kevin Love on the table?
This is all conjecture, but now the possibilities have opened open immensely. The Celtics are suddenly in a position of power and can bargain with a wider array of teams for a wider array of players.
We'll keep you posted on any rumors.
- Report: Boston Celtics Trade Courtney Lee to Memphis Grizzlies for Jerryd Bayless
- Boston Celtics Waive Donte Greene to Get Below the Luxury Tax Line
- A Jeff Green Trade Could Be Reminiscent of the Al Jefferson Trade in 2007
- Catching up with Some Boston Celtics Trade Thoughts.
- Boston Celtics Have Their Eye on Summer of 2015 as Trade Deadline Looms
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18ci