Rajon Rondo will be sittig out tonight's game against the Sacramento Kings. This decision has sparked some debate about why Rondo would be sitting out a game that is not part of a back-to-back. The Celtics have only played two games since Sunday. In those two games Rajon Rondo has looked better and better. Why sit him out now? It could be because Rondo's knee is sore. It could be because they are simply trying to lose. It could be because they had planned long in advance what games he would miss. A scheduled day off. Just like Manny Ramirez.
We think it has to do with the potential for losing more games. Rondo will play against the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday, and then sit out on Monday against Milwaukee. Milwaukee is a team that has beaten the Celtics twice this season, so without Rondo on Monday it is possible that the worst team in the NBA could get it's third win against the Celtics this season.
The only other game left is the game against the San Antonio Spurs before the All-Star break. Is it a coincidence that the Celtics are sitting Rondo following his best two performances and two Celtics wins? Probably not.
Once again, more Rondo Drama as the Celtics jockey for position. What position they are jockeying for is becoming more and more clear. They want the lottery, and they want in the highest part of the lottery.
- A Report is Out That Sacramento Kings are Prepared to Offer Huge Package for Rajon Rondo
- When Will the Boston Celtics Win Their First Game, Fifth Game, and Tenth Game
- Boston Celtics Training Camp Countdown – 12 Questions: Seriously, When Will Rajon Rondo Be Healthy?
- Boston Celtics Get Best Rajon Rondo Performance in Victory Over Orlando Magic
- Rajon Rondo Cleared for Full Practice
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17uk