The Baltimore Ravens did not practice yesterday, after all it was Christmas Day, but the league does require an injury report to be supplied on Wednesday's during a week where the team plays on Sunday. Baltimore obliged and estimated an injury report yesterday, which had seven players listed, including three that 'did not practice.'
Before we even get to who was listed, the bigger news is that quarterback Joe Flacco was not listed whatsoever, after being labeled questionable last Sunday, but his availability was never really in question. The real question this week is whether or not Flacco can play better with the knee brace on.
G/C Gino Gradkowski, CB Asa Jackson and DE Arthur Jones were all listed as non-participants on the estimated injury report for Wednesday. Jones suffered a concussion last week against the New England Patriots and will go through the NFL's concussion protocol before his availability is known for this Sunday. Jones was having a pretty good game early on, but ended up taking a blow to the head.
We should learn more regarding all three of these guys today, but Jones was not a surprise to see, even if it was an estimated injury report.
The players listed as non-participants were probably a little easier to estimate for the Ravens than the guys they listed as limited participants. Baltimore labeled four players as limited participants on their estimated injury report, which included RB Ray Rice. The struggling running back was listed with a thigh injury, but he is not expected to be in any kind of jeopardy, despite being listed as questionable last Sunday.
OLB Elvis Dumervil, LB Albert McClellan and WR Torrey Smith were also listed as limited participants, and again, we should learn more regarding the status of all these guys for this Sunday as the week progresses.
Ravens Full Estimated Injury Report:
- Did Not Participate – G/C Gino Gradkowski (knee), CB Asa Jackson (thigh), DE Arthur Jones (concussion).
- Limited Participants – OLB Elvis Dumervil (ankle), LB Albert McClellan (neck), RB Ray Rice (thigh), WR Torrey Smith (thigh).
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Add us on Google+ Ravens101
Follow us on Twitter for all Ravens breaking news @BaltRavens101
- Marlon Brown and Lardarius Webb Absent, Marcus Spears Added to Baltimore Ravens Injury Report
- Terrell Suggs and Corey Graham Added to Injury Report: Defense Hurting
- Final Injury Report for Tonight’s Baltimore Ravens NFL Opener VS Denver Broncos
- Injury Report Following Week Two for Baltimore Ravens; Lots of Good News
- Elvis Dumervil Listed as Doubtful; Dennis Pitta ‘on Schedule’
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15xn