One of the downsides of playing Monday Night is the team has less than 48 hours till its next practice, and yesterday it showed for the Baltimore Ravens as four guys miss practice. Quarterback Joe Flacco was sporting a knee brace after his minor injury concern on Monday.
Flacco was limited in practice yesterday, and was sporting a knee brace, but it should be noted that there was no noticeable limp. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Flacco suffered a sprained MCL, but he is in no danger of missing Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.
“He went through practice today on a limited basis, and we listed him as limited today,” said coach John Harbaugh, who acknowledged cringing when he saw the replay of the helmet shot delivered to Flacco’s knee by Lions linebacker DeAndre Levy. “We’ll just take it the rest of the week on a day-by-day basis, but we do anticipate that he will play. We’ll see where we’ll go from there.”
Ray Rice was among those who did not practice yesterday as he took it easy on a what is being labeled a thigh injury, but he appeared in no pain after Monday Night's game, and it is expected that he simply was getting a day off.
Three others were absent from practice yesterday in tight end Dallas Clark (illness), linebacker Albert McClellan (neck), and cornerback Asa Jackson (hamstring), but only Jackson actually came away with a reported injury from the win over the Lions. The Clark and McClellan could simply be getting rest.
The team as a whole did not even practice with helmets on yesterday as it was obvious the coaching staff wanted Wednesday to serve as a "light" day in order to give the team an essential second day of rest.
Full Baltimore Ravens Injury Report:
- Did Not Participate: TE Dallas Clark (illness), CB Asa Jackson (thigh), LB Albert McClellan (neck), RB Ray Rice (thigh)
- Limited Participant: QB Joe Flacco (knee)
- Full Participant: S Brynden Trawick (ankle)
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Add us on Google+ Ravens101
Follow us on Twitter for all Ravens breaking news @BaltRavens101
- Elvis Dumervil Sits Out, Jimmy Smith Passes Concussion Test; Baltimore Ravens Injury Updates
- Haloti Ngata Misses Practice, Others Return for Baltimore Ravens
- Injury Update for Baltimore Ravens; Jameel McClain Returns to Practice
- Chris Canty Returns to Practice; Josh Bynes and Albert McClellan Non Participants
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15qf