It has been a long time, in fact ten months, since the last time we saw Jameel McClain practicing as a full participant on the football field due to the spinal cord contusion he suffered last December, but yesterday, his hard work paid off as he returned yesterday for the Baltimore Ravens.
Overall it was just a good day around Owings Mills yesterday to see McClain back on the practice field as the injury was a legitimate threat to his football career. McClain is still on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list and by beginning to practice yesterday, he and the Ravens now have a 21 day window to activate him. His status for this week is uncertain, and with the bye week coming after this week, odds are the Ravens would wait until nine to activate him. McClain commented on WNST:
“You understand the feeling of watching people play day in and day out,” said McClain, who admitted using his doubters as motivation to keep working hard as his spinal cord healed. “Getting to see my teammates put their pads on and go out and do work while I had to stand around and watch, it’s no doubt that I’m itching. I’m preparing myself mentally and especially physically coming into this game.”
Josh Bynes, Chris Canty and Albert McClellan did not take part in practice yesterday, but none are considered to be issues moving forward and the Ravens seem to be getting as healthy as they have been all season.
Terrence Cody also returned to practice yesterday after missing the last three games since suffering a knee injury in the Ravens win over the Houston Texans.
Here is the full Ravens injury report:
- Did not Participate: LB Josh Bynes (thigh, finger), DE Chris Canty (thigh), LB Albert McClellan (shoulder)
- Limited Participant: CB Chykie Brown (thigh), DT Terrence Cody (knee), C Ryan Jensen (foot), DT Haloti Ngata (elbow), LB Courtney Upshaw (foot), CB Lardarius Webb (thigh)
- Full Participant: LB Jameel McClain (neck), DT Marcus Spears (knee), WR Brandon Stokley (thigh)
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Add us on Google+ Ravens101
Follow us on Twitter for live in game updates and all Ravens breaking news @BaltRavens101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Reports: Baltimore Ravens LB Jameel McClain Receives Good News
- Jacoby Jones Returns to Practice; Lardarius Webb Among Several Non-participants
- Baltimore Ravens’ ILB Jameel McClain Waiting for Medical Clearance
- Baltimore Ravens Injury Update: Ray Rice and Chris Canty Could Return This Week
- Jacoby Jones Fails Conditioning Test, Marshal Yanda and Jameel McClain Placed on PUP List
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12n9