The All Star Break is almost over and the race to the playoffs is about to begin, but before we look ahead we will take one last look back at the first half as several Baltimore Orioles find themselves among the American League leaders is multiple categories.
We have broken down this into three categories: offense, pitching, and team stats, and you may be surprised at just how many Orioles find themselves among the AL's best. Each rank is in the American League among qualifiers.
- Adam Jones – Batting average 12th, home runs 15th, RBI 15th, runs 13th, hits 4th and OPS 18th.
- Nelson Cruz – Batting average 19th, home runs 2nd, RBI 2nd, runs 10th, hits 17th, OBP 19th, and OPS 5th.
- Nick Markakis – Batting average 18th and hits 6th.
- Chris Davis – Home runs 16th.
- Wei-Yin Chen – Wins 12th.
- Zach Britton – Opponents batting average (among relievers with 10 or more innings pitched) 17th, saves 8th, ERA (among relievers with 10 or more inning pitched) 7th, and WHIP (among relievers with 10 or more innings pitched) 14th.
- Darren O'Day – ERA (among relievers with 10 or more innings pitched) 4th and he leads the league in reliever's ERA among pitchers with 20 or more innings pitched.
- Tommy Hunter – Saves 13th.
- Lead AL in fielding percentage
- Batting average 3rd, home runs 2nd, RBI 6th, runs 7th, and OPS 4th.
- ERA 7th and saves 3rd.
Anything there surprise you? Some may be surprised a little bit that the Orioles are in the top half of the AL in team ERA, but overall not much should be too surprising.
Here is to officially moving our thoughts to moving forward after the break as the Birds look to secure their first AL East title since 1997.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Orioles101
Add us on Google+ Orioles101
Follow us on Twitter for all Orioles breaking news @Orioles_101
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Adam Jones, Baltimore, Baltimore Orioles, Baseball, Darren O'Day, MLB, Nelson Cruz, Nick Markakis, Zach Britton
- Multiple Baltimore Orioles Among League Leaders in Several Categories
- Adam Jones Finishes Third in American League in MLB Home Run Derby
- American League Secures Home Field Advantage in World Series with 5-3 Victory in MLB All Star Game
- A Look at the Baltimore Orioles Rotation and How It Stacks up Against League and Each Other
- 35 Games in, the Baltimore Orioles Starting Rotation Ranks in Bottom Half of League
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dh6