Hunter Harvey and Dariel Alvarez will represent the Baltimore Orioles as they will take part in the 2014 MLB Futures Game on Sunday as the game highlights some of the games brightest young prospects at the same venue as the MLB All Star Game.
The game separates the prospects into a World Team and a USA Team and Harvey will be on team USA, while Alvarez will play for the World Team.
- RHP Jim Johnson – Futures Game 2005, MLB All Star 2012
- 3B Manny Machado – Futures Game 2011, 12, MLB All Star 2013
- RHP Chris Tillman – Futures Game 2009, MLB All Star 2013
That may only be a list of three prospects, but there are multiple teams that have not produced a single player that has played in both the Futures Game and the All Star Game.
In addition to the three Orioles that were in the organization for both the Futures Game and the All Star Games, Baltimore has also had a multitude of players that that have played in both, just not in the Orioles organization for both games such as JJ Hardy, B.J. Ryan, Nelson Cruz, and Danys Baez.
Only time will tell if both Harvey and Alvarez will ultimately join the prestigious list, but nevertheless it will be fun to watch both guys represent the Orioles organization on Sunday.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Orioles101
Add us on Google+ Orioles101
Follow us on Twitter for all Orioles breaking news @Orioles_101Tags: Baltimore, Baltimore Orioles, Baseball, Chris Tillman, Dariel Alvarez, Futures Game, Hunter Harvey, Manny Machado, MLB, Zach Britton
- Orioles101 Minor League Spotlight: Hunter Harvey and Dariel Alvarez Named to Futures Game Rosters
- Minor League Spotlight: Bowie Baysox Outfielder Dariel Alvarez Opening Eyes This Season
- Minor League Feature: Baltimore Orioles 2013 First Round Pick Hunter Harvey Very Impressive Thus Far
- Orioles101 Minor League Spotlight: Several Baltimore Orioles Minor Leaguers Named to All Star Teams
- Orioles101 Minor League Spotlight: Delmarva Shorebirds Pitching Staff Absolutely Shutting Teams Down
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1d8z