In the spirit of the Holiday Season, we thought it would be a perfect time to supply everyone with the Baltimore Orioles Christmas Wish List as there are numerous items on it this year.
Baltimore may find themselves on the naughty list for many as they whole Grant Balfour saga has extremely set a bad mindset Nationally for the Orioles, especially for anyone associated with Balfour himself. His value on the open market has undoubtedly been hurt by the Orioles decision to walk away from their two year deal due to the physical results.
Many fans would have the Orioles on the naughty list as well due to their inability to sign or acquire a marquee player that instantly makes the team better. Baltimore has had back-to-back winning seasons after suffering from 14 consecutive losing seasons and many feel their window to compete for a World Series has just two years left, but ownership and the front office staff have yet to make any significant move to the Orioles roster.
The Orioles have quite a large wish list this Holiday Season, but they may not find many of them under the tree:
- Closer – Well this one is obvious, they just walked away from Balfour and now the only remaining closer on the free agent market is Fernando Rodney.
- Left handed power bat – Baltimore has enough right handed power in their lineup, but no real threat from the left side other than Chris Davis and Matt Wieters on certain nights. This is one wish that the offense desperately needs fulfilled.
- Front of the rotation starter – It wouldn't matter what free agent pitcher was out there, the Orioles are not going to sign a front of the rotation starter as they stand behind their commitment to not sign a free agent pitcher for longer than three years, and true front of the rotation starters are going to want more than three years. A trade would be the best way, but Baltimore lacks the prospect fire power, so hopes of Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman ring around the warehouse this holiday season.
- Left Fielder – Baltimore may have at least one gift under the tree if David Lough turns out to be a good player for this team, but only time will tell if he came from Santa or the Grinch.
Of course there could be several other wishes on their list, but these would be the ones they would ask Santa for if given the chance.
Orioles101 would like to wish everyone a very safe and Happy Holidays!
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Orioles101
Add us on Google+ Orioles101
Follow us on Twitter for all Orioles breaking news @Orioles_101
- Reports: Baltimore Orioles Ink Closer Grant Balfour to Two Year Deal
- Baltimore Orioles Ink LHP Kelvin De La Cruz to One Year Deal
- Breaking: Baltimore Orioles Sign RHP Ryan Webb to Two-year Deal
- No Rookie of the Year Award is Unfortunate for Manny Machado
- Reports: Baltimore Orioles in Strong Pursuit of Closer Grant Balfour
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15wf