Maybe we just have Baltimore Orioles fever here, but hey, you should expect that from a 24/7 obsessive news coverage Orioles website right? Today we examine the Birds Spring Training schedule and reporting dates in 2014.
The World Series is not even over yet, but we thought it would be fun to turn the clock forward and provide some information on the Orioles spring schedule and the important dates to keep in mind incase you are thinking about getting down to Sarasota in 2014.
- February 13 – Pitchers and Catchers report – Is there a better phrase to hear as a baseball fan after a long, cold winter?
- February 14 – First Pitchers and Catchers workout – Let the talk of who will be the fifth starter begin!
- February 18 – Position Players Mandatory report – Now we are getting close!
- February 19 – First Full Team workout – Baseball time, what is Manny Machado's status?
- February 28 – First Spring Training Game – Orioles open up Spring Training Schedule away against Tampa.
- March 1 – First Home Spring Training Game – Baltimore will play Toronto at Ed Smith Stadium
- March 27 – Final Spring Training Game – The Orioles close out their spring schedule against Tampa.
- March 31 – First Regular Season Game – Baltimore will open the 2014 regular season against the could be defending world champion Boston Red Sox.
The Orioles have 30 games on the Spring Training schedule which includes three days that involve two split squad games. Undoubtedly there will be position battles in the field and on the mound and everyone will want to get their first look at some of the young guys as well as the newcomers. Baltimore will be looking to secure their third straight winning season and attempt to get back to the playoffs after missing it in 2013.
Who else is ready for Spring Training?!
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Orioles101
Add us on Google+ Orioles101
Follow us on Twitter for all Orioles breaking news @Orioles_101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Taking a Look at the Baltimore Orioles Remaining Schedule
- Understanding the Value of Baltimore Orioles Catcher Matt Wieters
- Last 45 Games Setting up to Be Exciting and Stressful for the Baltimore Orioles
- Minor League Monday: Eight Baltimore Orioles to Play in Arizona Fall League
- Reports: Baltimore Orioles Interested in Reunion with Mark Reynolds
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/133r