- The Atlanta Hawks made it official signing Kyle Korver to a four year deal worth $24 million. The deal was agreed upon last week as Korver gave the Hawks a hometown discount (it has been noted that he took less to continue playing in Atlanta).
- Monta Ellis has signed with the Dallas Mavericks. Ellis was rumored have had some interest in Atlanta, but instead signed a deal with Dallas for three years and in the $25-30 million range.
- The Atlanta Hawks are playing their summer league games in Las Vegas, their roster will consist of G Dennis Shroder, C Lucas Nogueiria, F Jared Cunningham, F Ed Daniel, F Ed Dawson, G Sergiy Gladyr, G John Jenkins, G Shelvin Mack, F John Millsap, C Mike Muscala, C Boban Marjanovic, F Mike Scott, F Adonis Thomas, and F Kyle Weems. The first game is against the Los Angeles Clippers. They will play at least five games.
- The Atlanta Hawks add to their coaching staff by including Taylor Jenkins as an assistant coach. Jenkins was the head coach of the Austin Toros, the San Antonio Spurs affiliate in the NBA Development League. Quin Snyder, Darvin Ham and Kenny Atkinson are already assistants for the Atlanta Hawks.
- The Hawks front office is still deciding whether to match the offer sheet signed by Jeff Teague from the Milwaukee Bucks. They have three days to match the offer, so we will know if Teague is still a Hawk by the end of the weekend.
- The voice of the Atlanta Hawks, Steve Holman, has signed a multi-year deal to continue to do broadcasts for the team. He will be going into his 29th season and he has a streak of 2,050 consecutive Hawks games. The Atlanta Hawks will now be broadcasted on their new flagship, 92.9 The Game FM.
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/xa3