- The Atlanta Hawks are 10-12 on the road, the Indiana Pacers are 19-3 while at home.
- The Pacers have won their last 14 at home and if they defeat the Hawks their streak of 15 in a row would be one that has not been matched since the 1999-2000 season.
- The Atlanta Hawks have defeated the Indiana Pacers twice already this season, both games took place inside Philips Arena.
- The Atlanta Hawks have dropped seven of their last eight games on the road, their last road win came in Charlotte against the Bobcats.
- Atlanta will be tipping off without Zaza Pachulia (achilles) and probably without Devin Harris (left foot) as well; Hawks reserve big man John Petro hurt his back in practice but he is still traveling to Indiana with the team.
- The Pacers (along with the Nets) are one and a half games ahead of the Hawks in the Eastern Conference standings.
- One major key if the Hawks want to win this game will be controlling the boards against the Pacers. Indiana leads the league in that department and the Hawks are 26th.
- The Indiana Pacers are second in points allowed with 89.9 and the Atlanta Hawks are averaging 96.2 points per game (15th in the NBA) and are allowing 95.9 points to their opponents (9th in the NBA). Indiana averages 92.0 points per game.
- Danny Granger is still out for the Pacers with a knee injury but is expected to possibly get back with the team before the All Star break.
- Both teams may be looking to be a player in the trade game before the deadline, but we would not look for any ground-breaking deal out of either one of these teams.
Tags: Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Basketball, Danny Granger, NBA, Zaza Pachulia
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pmv