- Atlanta Hawks fans are somewhat interested in the trouble that All Star Al Horford is going through at the free throw line. Over the past three games Al is shooting 1-12 from the charity stripe, only attempting two free throws in the last two games. In the past five games Horford is not shooting much better, going 4-23 at the line. Knowing Al, the struggles will not last long but this is something fans may want to keep an eye on in the near future.
- Despite his free throw woes, Al Horford has been named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week. The week consists of games played from November 19 through 25. Horford averaged 16.5 points per game and 9.75 rebounds during that stretch.
- In injury news: Devin Harris is still listed as day-to-day due to an injured big toe on his left foot. DeShawn Stevenson's minutes has been monitored by Coach Larry Drew due to back-to-back games, but that should not be a problem with a few days off before their next game.
- Former Atlanta Hawks guard/forward Tracy McGrady had a chance in China to prove that he still has "IT". With the game tied at 92, T-Mac got the ball with 18.5 seconds left for the Qingdao Eagles in an isolation situation and at half court. As time wound down, McGrady began to make his move and as began to spin, he was a ripped with 15 seconds left to play. Former Georgia Bulldog Sundiata Gaines hit the basket for the other team and Tracy McGrady and the Eagles lost.
- NBA Commissioner in waiting Adam Silver has had some encouraging words to say about the Atlanta Hawks organization since the aborted sale this past year with Los Angeles businessman Alex Meruelo. Since then, Silver stated to the AJC, "Bruce (Levenson) has become a much more active owner since that aborted sale. He's now on several important ownership committees. He's given a long term agreement to Danny Ferry. He's become much more involved in the community. I think the franchise has been more stabilized."
Tags: Al Horford, Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Basketball, Danny Ferry, DeShawn Stevenson, Devin Harris, Larry Drew, NBA, Tracy McGrady
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/n7i