- Enes Kanter (Utah Jazz) C- Last season Kanter only averaged 4.6 points and 4.2 rebounds due to playing behind guys like Derrick Favors and Al Jefferson, but he has had four double-doubles during preseason play. This big man has the ability to control the glass and still has a nice jump shot despite his love for banging in the paint.
- Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers) PG- Many fans know Kyrie Irving's name from his time at Duke and the recent Uncle Drew commercials, but not many know that this young man possesses the potential to become one of the best point guards in the league. The Rookie of the Year last season tried to make a name for himself by pulling stunts like challenging Kobe Bryant to a game of one on one. If Irving can tighten up his game on defense, he just may be the total package because there is nothing that he can't do on the offensive end.
- Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors) SG- Klay Thompson can flat out shoot the basketball. He cracked the starting lineup after the trade that sent Monta Ellis to Milwaukee and begin to gain confidence. If Steph Curry and Andrew Bogut can stay healthy and Harrison Barnes can prove to be worth the first round draft pick, then Thompson could get a lot of good looks at the basket.
- Greg Monroe (Detroit Pistons) C- In my opinion Greg Monroe is the most underrated big man in the NBA. The guy has great fundamentals and is a good passer for a center. Look for Monroe to put up numbers in the 20 and 10 range this season. The Detroit Pistons can make some noise this season if he and rookie Andre Drummond can lock up the paint.
- Jeremy Lamb (Oklahoma City Thunder) SG- Jeremy Lamb has just been put in the best position to succeed by being traded to OKC as part of the James Harden deal. This kid is athletic, can finish around the basket and can catch and shoot the ball. By teaming up with other young hungry guys like Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook there is no telling where his game can go. This season he will try to fill the shoes left by Harden.
Tags: Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Basketball, Enes Kanter, Greg Monroe, Jeremy Lamb, Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, NBA
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/m6a