Morten Andersen. The name should bring a smile to the face of many a downtrodden Falcons fan when they remember fondly how he banged a game winning field goal against Minnesota in the 1998-1999 NFC championship to send the Falcons to their only Super Bowl appearance.
It was revealed a couple of months ago that the beloved kicker had made it to the semi finals for the Hall of Fame, and now Andersen is one step closer. Along with 14 other candidates that includes Jerome Bettis, Tony Dungy and Michael Strahan, Andersen finds himself on the cusp of being amongst the elite of the elite.
Fans of Andersen and the other finalists will find out their fate on Februrary 1st this year, when those who are enshrined will be revealed.
- Former Atlanta Falcons Kicker Morten Andersen is Semi-Finalist for NFL Hall of Fame
- Former Atlanta Falcons Great Gerald Riggs to Be Enshrined in Team’s Ring of Honor
- Pro Bowl Results Released: Tony Gonzalez an Alternate, No Atlanta Falcons Make Roster
- Atlanta Falcons Seek Revenge Against Carolina Panthers
- Atlanta Falcons to Play Detroit Lions in London in 2014
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16m4