In a game in which the Falcons desperately needed to win, Matt Ryan in particular rose the occasion. The NFL thought so too, so much so that Matt Ryan was awarded the NFC offensive player of the week award for his outstanding performance in Sunday's 31-23 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Ryan went 20/26 for 273 yards and had a 148.4 passer rating. If you watched the game, you didn't need to even see the stat line to know that this was a vintage Matty Ice performance.
Ryan became the first Falcons player to have won any awards of any kind this week. Let us hope this is the first of many for a team looking to claw it's way back to 500.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Atlanta Falcons Training Camp is Coming; Why Hasn’t Matt Ryan Gotten a Contract Extension?
- Atlanta Falcons Sign Matt Ryan to 5 Year Contract Extension
- ESPN’s Ron Jaworski Ranks Atlanta Falcons’ Matt Ryan Ahead of New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees in QB Countdown
- Why the Atlanta Falcons Should Sign Free Agent Offensive Tackle Max Starks
- Predicting the Falcons 53 Man Roster: (Part 3)- Offensive and Defensive Line
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12wg